Privacy and data protection policy
Welcome to the website of Cloudgenia, hereinafter Cloudgenia Inc. In this section we explain OUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY WITH REGARD TO THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA; Likewise, we inform you of your rights and detail the security measures that we apply to the data that you give us from your visits to our website or as a consequence of the subsequent contracting of our products or services, or in any other legitimate way. Any change in our policy will be promptly communicated and updates will be posted on our website.
Who is responsible for the processing of your data
The person responsible for the Processing of Personal Data is: Cloudgenia Inc.
You can also contact us by phone or through the web in its “Contact” section depending on your preferences.
What are our principles in the processing of personal data?
In the treatment of personal data provided by you, Cloudgenia Inc. is inspired, among others, by the Principles of Transparency, Lawfulness, Proactive Responsibility, Data Minimization, Pseudonymization and Elimination.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
Cloudgenia Inc., will use your personal data to fulfill the following purposes:
- Treat your data in accordance with the consent you have given us in cases where Cloudgenia Inc. is not based on another legal basis. Such as sending advertising from third parties with which Cloudgenia Inc. has commercial agreements, treating your browsing and billing data for commercial purposes or using anonymized and aggregated information generated from yours for information analysis purposes (Big Data). . In any case, you can always revoke the consent that you have provided us.
- The provision of services and products of our company, enter into contracts and allow their subsequent execution. The treatment of the data to be carried out may vary depending on the service or product in question. This allows us to offer you the best service you have requested and also to communicate with you in relation to it or your commercial interests based on your visit to our website. We also need to carry out data and credit checks to allow the contracting of our services or products and / or to carry out debt recovery actions in case of defaults.
- Satisfy the legitimate business interests of Cloudgenia Inc., for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our network and services, sending commercial communications about our products and services and improving our services, being able to draw profiles with said purposes. In these cases, we always evaluate our business interests to ensure that they do not conflict with your rights. Also, in some cases, you have the right to object to these treatments.
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as, for example, comply with our accounting and tax obligations, or retain your traffic data to comply with current legislation on data retention, among others.
Marketing and Profiling
- In the event that you are our client, Cloudgenia Inc. has a legitimate interest in keeping you informed about new products and services. We adapt these messages based on the types of products and services that you have contracted.
- We may send you newsletters, invite you to participate in a survey or inform you about prize giveaways or contests, if applicable.
- We can further personalize these messages using information related to the use of the services provided that you have expressly authorized us to do so.
How long will we keep your data?
The data provided will be kept as long as its deletion is not requested by the interested party. All our commercial communications include the possibility of ceasing to be in the file created by Cloudgenia Inc. If you execute the “unsubscribe” option, your data will be canceled from the file created from our general communications.
As a general rule, your data will be kept encrypted and protected for the period determined by law, at least as long as you continue to be a Cloudgenia Inc. customer, and for six years after you cease to be one.
What is the legitimacy for the processing of your data?
- You register in our systems to request information about a specific product or service or to contract or use it.
- You buy or use any of our products and services;
- You subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services;
- You get in touch with us through our channels;
- You participate in a contest, sweepstakes or survey;
- You visit or browse our Website or other websites of the Cloudgenia Inc. Group.
- You have given permission to other third party companies, such as our collaborators or suppliers to share information with us;
- When your information is publicly available and its use is legally permitted; or because you are a client of a business or entity that we acquired.
Information we collect:
The information that Cloudgenia Inc. collects once consent has been given and in accordance with the specified purposes may be referred to:
- Your name, address, telephone and / or mobile number and email address.
- Your data obtained through a contact you make with us and that appears in the recording of the call you make to one of our call centers, if you use a live chat to resolve incidents, if you send an email or a letter, or any other record of contact with us.
- The information of your account as a client, such as the payment dates of invoices owed or received, dates of registration and cancellation of services, subscriptions to services that you use.
- Credential information such as access passwords and user names to access our accounts and services.
- Your preferences for certain products, services and lifestyle activities if you let us know.
- Your browsing history. If you have given your permission to do so, Cloudgenia Inc., collects the categories of the websites you have browsed, your mobile, device, PC or MAC. We use this information to send you personalized commercial communications or to show you personalized advertising if you have given us your consent.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as credit bureaus, fraud prevention agencies, and other data providers. This includes demographic data, interest-based data, and Internet surfing behavior.
We will not collect or process information from minors or information that can be classified as more sensitive such as: health, sexual orientation, union affiliation, religion or race.
To which recipients will your data be communicated?
- The personal data whose treatment you have entrusted to us will be transmitted to the following entities:
- Cloudgenia Inc. Group companies, mainly for internal reporting purposes;
- Suppliers involved in distributing the products and services that you have requested or used;
- Companies that Cloudgenia Inc. has contracted or collaborates with for the provision of services;
- Third parties where such a disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or other legal or judicial requirements;
- When you purchase a product or service from a third party through Cloudgenia Inc., the contract is made with the third party that sells that product or service. Cloudgenia Inc., will have to provide certain personal information to the third party to complete the purchase with them. The terms and conditions of the seller, as well as their privacy and cookie policies will be applicable for the treatment of your personal information.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
You have the right to access your personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion. In certain circumstances, you may request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep it for the exercise or defense of claims. Likewise, and for reasons related to your situation, you may object to the processing of your data. Cloudgenia Inc., will stop processing the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
You have the right to the portability of your personal data.
The exercise of the aforementioned rights must be done by means of a notification sent to the person responsible for the treatment to:
In this communication you must provide a copy of your INE or valid passport in order to prove that you are the owner of the data. Cloudgenia Inc. will respond to you within one month, unless for reasons of complexity or volume of requests received, you need to extend the response period up to a maximum of two more months, in which case you will be informed of the reason for the extension within of the 30 days following your request to exercise your rights.
Likewise, you have the right to file a claim with the Control Authority if you consider that the treatment does not comply with the established regulations.
Is your personal data safe?
In order to safeguard the security of your personal data, we inform you that we have adopted the technical and organizational measures necessary to guarantee the security of the personal data supplied from its alteration, loss, improper use, disclosure, and treatments or accesses not authorized, taking into account the risks inherent to the treatment and the type of data, as required by the regulations on the protection of personal data. We inform you that our service providers, as entities in charge of the treatment, have also adopted reasonable and appropriate measures in the same sense to grant effective protection to the personal data that you provide us.
International Data Transfers
We may need to transfer your information to other companies of the Cloudgenia Inc. Group, or to different service providers.
You can also consult our Personal Data Processing Policy by doing click here